Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unvarified Crashes??

plastech

I have a problem!!! I'm running MC9.1SP2 MR0304 on a Dell P4 3.2GHz with 2Gig ram and a Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 128MB vidio card and updated vidio driver. I programed two cavities in a mold and I have two crashes one in each cavity and in different programs which don't show up in verify or backplot. The problem areas are both arcs in the programs which have the correct information except the direction of the arc is wrong. The first arc gouged the part and faulted the machine because of X travel limits the second arc was much smaller and gouged into the cavity. At first I thought this was a post problem but I checked the NCI files and found that the information is incorrect there. I think that the cause may be in filtering. I run the filter at a 2:1 ratio .001 for filter tolerance and .0005 for cut tolerance for a total of .0015 One way isn't checked create arcs in XY XZ and YZ are all checked and a min. arc of .005 and max.of 100.0.

Any information or thought will be very appreciated!!!! banghead.gif

Thank You, Rick

Hurco, Milltronics and several other controllers have the ability to run arcs in the G18 plane in two ways. The correct way which if you look at the arc from the back of the machine, or you can run it as if you look at it from the front of the machine. It is just a parameter that needs to be switched on your machine to flip the G18 arc. Do a simple test, draw an arc in the front view and put a toolpath on it and post it out. You will see that if you look at the arc from the front view the G02/G03 will look backwards. If you look at the arc from the back view the direction will appear correct. There is nothing wrong with your file, your post, or your machine, just a parameter in your controller that needs to be flipped.

HTH

plastech,

Here is a fix from a while back for Hurco post.

"If you are using the Mphur.pst, search for the note on 'swg18'. The hurco and boss controls reverse the G18 plane definition from what the rest of the industry uses. Set 'swg18' to 1 from 0."

Hope this helps you.

lynnz

quote:

I guess they do this so it is easier to program manually

I can't believe someone would do that! That's about as asinine as having the option to reverse G41 and G42...you know, in case you're left handed. rolleyes.gif

All programming is done from the positive, looking toward the origin. If you're programming in the XZ plane, or G18, then you're looking from the positive Y to the Y axis origin. For some control manufacturer to change this "to make it easier" is just plain stupid. curse.gif

Thad teh MNSHO