Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

feeds on a Variaxis

DIARMUID

Hi all

Recently I have been asking some questions about a Mazak Variaxis with Fusion control and I have had god success from you guys!

I am now looking at a feed problem on the machine, I've turned off the inverse time feed and I am trying to run programmed feeds but the machine is very jumpy when profiling semi complex 2D components and not a smooth movement at the programmed feed, I am assuming that the G61.1 is affecting this and that there may a parameter tolerance on the machine that I need to adjust, or a code that I can input into the program. Would anybody have any info on this as the machine technicians here don't seem to have the knowledge!

cheers D

dang its really been a while, and I cant remember exactly how it goes. but i believe it is something like g61.1 K 0-100. What I would do is run the program off the part, put in a K of say 1, see what happens, and then try a 100, hopefully the differance will be very noticable. I will try to write more later on today as things are nuts right now.

HTH

The easiest way to test the machine is to shut off the G61.1 and run the program in G64. Now switch back to G61.1. Do you see a considerable difference in the jumps? If so then some parameter adjustment is in order. The problem probably lies in the "gains" and the acceleration/deceleration rates for different angles/corners. David is right about the code. Is it point to point? Usually this machine (as well as other ones from Mazak) ends up with accuracy problems when running high feed rates in PTP, not "jumping" around. The jumping around problem at high feeds is usually associated with Fanuc controlled machines.

G61.1 is a must have option on these machines. I have it on 100% of the time and running extremely high feed rates with awesome results including alot of 3D.

The "K" value is discussed in the programming manual (although very briefly). It's in the section for 2D Shape option. I'll have to check the page number. Basically it controls the percentage rate of decelleration when approaching and cutting over intersects, angles, tight arcs, etc. (all of these are parameter controlled). The "K" is basically a "user" adjustable setting. Say your program feed is 300ipm. If you set "K" to "50", then the machine will slow to 150ipm when hitting the corners. In the program you type in as follows: "G61.1, K50". Yes, you need the comma.

The machine default should be at 70 (Also controlled by parameter). Setting a "K" in the program remains until you change it, hit the 'reset', or M30. In my experience, the jumping around has been a machine software related problem. You'll want to contact "Programming support" at one of the factory centers to double check software version and baseline parameter settings.

Sorry this is so long. First time posting. I'll try to keep these much shorter in the future.