Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

nethasp not releasing license

PROG_MAN_DO

We have 4 seats of MCV9.1 MR0304 and 2 seats of design running on nethasp. At least once a day for some reason, the mastercam server will only release 3 licenses, at which point we have to re-start the MC server. This means someone has to travel the length of the shop at least 2x to get everyone off of MC for the restart..Is anyone experiencing this problem?..suggestions..

thanks.

I think the issue here is that when someone has an MC crash for whatever reason on any box, the license server does not release the license. We have the same problem with our SCS software. If someone exits improperly or there is a crash, it won't release the license until the server has been re-started...

Isn't there more cost to having keys and licenses at each machine as opposed to the nethasp?

I have been running the nethasp for about a week on my network at my office and works well but will watch for these issues.

I am running it on a Win2k server.

But I am runnig a my laptop and another computer wireless and still no troubles at all.

But this has been a short while.

In the next few weeks I will be doing the classroom with 42 seats and see how well this works.

quote:

how do you use nethasp if it's not on the server?

the nethasp read.me* specifically warns against running nethasp server on a NETWORK SERVER. It runs much more reliably on a plain vanilla network client computer. Our IT guy once insisted that he run it (NetHAsp) on the network Pro/E Intralink server. bonk.gif Damn that was a bad idea that he had. Why dont they listen?

We now run our Nethasp installation on an unused PC operating under Win '98 on the same network node. Rock Solid.

*RTFD.

HTH

-Keith from home

I thought I might give an update on the changes we made. We moved the hasp to my computer which is a P4 3.4 GHz 1G ram multi processor speed demon, and have had no problems. Our IT guru found a Nethasp monitor, (which I am told is not in any of the literature), that tells you how many licenses are checked out and to which PC. The theory was,(as I said before), that when MC crashed, the license manager would not release the license. I have already had one crash with no problems with licensing. HTH

wink.gif