Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vertical Walls Problem/Bug

kwolf

Just uploaded the file "VERTICAL WALL.MC9" to the FTP area.

A cylinder(solid) is used as check surface(s), why the tool in 1st OP comes up and down between each pass,even 6 times up/down, and keeps its contact with the cylinder? I think in the previous versions it would be avoided and the tool would be kept down on the flat drive surface.

In the 2nd operation, the cylinder face has been drafted 5 degrees and the moves between each pass are what really expected.

Is there a bug in mesh generation? We saw something like this in Cimatron-E whenever there's a vertical wall.

MR0904

Good Morning Iskander,

Thanks for the quick reply. smile.gif

What I really want to know is , is it bug? We use to do the same thing , using boundary limit or leaving a real small amount on check surfaces in Cimatron-E or other workarounds that you know better than me. What bothers me now is if we have to see this in MC too. frown.gif I might be wrong but I don't think the same behavior would exist in previous versions.

mY HUMBLE OPINION - they changed algorithm of toolpath calculation .

It`s related to a possibility to make undercutted toolpath .

Now you can not do it in parallel ,my guess in near future you`ll be able too

So check surfaces scanned and traced

I always prefer in such cases boundaries .

I do not know ,if it is bug ,I deal with it as it is .

HTH

I have also noticed some excessive Z stitching action when cutting up to a vert wall with flowline and check surfs. I have found that not using the vert as check will stop the sewing machine action but you have to be careful about gouging the vert wall. boundrys help as Iskander said

Is your gap setting is set to follow surface? That is what it sounds like. When you have it set to follow surfaces it creates a straight line move between the end of one pass and the start of the next and then compensates to drive and check surfaces (moving up and down in Z). I'm sure on your drafted walls you will see it move up and down also, since there is draft it wil be just enough to clear the check surfaces by the stock to leave value. One more thing the following of the surfaces is done at the cut tolerance, sometimes tightening your tolerance will give you "nicer" moves between passes.

HTH