Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lettering

Mark Edger

I am a novice user and I need some help with lettering on top of a four by four cube. The lettering is inside of a .375 radius from dead center . My question is how do I chain this for the purpose of lettering only. I am using a 9font regular type letter and the pilot of a 1/8 center drill to letter with. Any help would be appreciated

If the lettering is already in place, set the tool plane and cplane in the view you will work in, pick toolpaths, contour, then window the lettering and pick the start point.

Next dont use a centerdrill if you dont have to. Use a engraving tool.

here is where you get them :

Harvey Tool Co www.harveytool.com

1-800-645-5609 0r 978-887-2901

They are in Topsfeild, Mass. smile.gif

In Steel use 3000 rpm, 2ipm feed, plunge at 2 ipm. the tools will last longer and leave a nice finish.

mikee

I get really good results with a small center drill, and you can feed much faster than (I think) you can with an engraving tool. Of course, I've never used an engraving tool, so I might be wrong... But I just (today) finished making 150 keychains for an open house we're having on Sunday, and used a #00 coated carbide center drill, 5500 rpm's, 20ipm, and all was right with the world.

How ya doin' Mark!!!!!!!!!

Call me, will ya?

Mike R.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Michael Reynolds ]

Hi Jay! I'll TRY to ftp the file to your site, but if you email me your address, I'll send you one. By the way, did you do a toolpath on that face? if you did, was the program under 45K long? If it was, could you send me the program? I've twied and twied, but I still come up with a HUGE program. (mpezpost)

thanks Jay, you da man!

Mike R.