Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Shark wow!!!!!!

cadcam

Hi Scott,

I have a great face surface model you can have (originally the Robert White/Fastsurf demo face) Email me if you can handle a 2mb MC8 attachment. I can't seem to upload it to the FTP page for whatever reason...

I have machined it in timber with a scaled z value with great results.

Dudes,

Rhino is the coolest 3-d nurbs based modeler for making free-form anthropomophic shapes like that shark or faces. I'm using it to drive my faro arm and reverse engineer feet and then cut out orthotics on a 5-axis thermwood for Seattle Orthopdic Group. Way more fun than aerospace stuff.

Well marks got a cool face MC8 file.

it sticks a little bringing into mastercam 8.1.1.

so i tried another & it came right in.

so i made a Print screen of a few veiws.

Singal surface face

there is a copy of the file on the FTP under "face.Zip"

Link to Cadcam's FTP

I figuerd out why it lags in 8.1.1 mastercam.

If you are in metric it will come right in.

the file is in metric.

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

• 4 weeks later...

The shark turned out really neat - I reduced it to about 4-1/2 inches overall and machined it out of 2-inch brass rod. VERY COOL. The original is VERY large - I make it out to be about 21-inches overall. The only problem that I had with the shark was two small patches of missing surface under the right fin (flipper, arm, horizontal stabilizer?) and the surface behind the left eye. A simple select of the surface on the other side and a Transform, Mirror fixed it. smile.gifbiggrin.gif My daughter immediately claimed it for her own eek.gif Now I have to go make another for myself.

Gary Westfall