Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G28 to G30 in MPMASTER

Shady

Sorry, I know it has been covered, but I cannot find the right place in the post to make it output G30 instead of G28 before toolchanges and at end of program. I changed it awhile back on my own in the MPFAN post...but I keep getting lost in MPMASTER. banghead.gif Thanks for the help ~~~~~~~Shady

Thanks Phil, I ended up doing as Mayday suggested and changed all G28 to G30...seems to be exactly what I wanted.

I have another question on the MPMASTER...at the begining of the program it outputs data such as:

T3 5/16 DRILL H3 D3 D 0.3125 DRILL/CBORE

I would like to keep:

T3 5/16 DRILL H3 D3

but not have it post the rest of the info, I just dont see the need for it in our situation.

I have looked thru the post and cannot find it. I dont know why MPFAN seemed easier for me to edit than MPMASTER does...but I still like the results from MPMASTER better. Thanks for all the help ~~~~~~~Shady

find this you can copy it and replace if you like, it will output like this

T1 M06 ( 1/2 BULL ENDMILL 0.0625 RAD)

# Tool Comment / Manual Entry Section

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

ptoolcomment #Comment for tool

tnote = t

toffnote = tloffno

tlngnote = tlngno

tldianote = tldia

"(", pstrtool, *tnote, *toffnote, *tlngnote, *tldianote, ")", e

Shady,

set fastmode to 1 and repost your file. it will show you in general where things are coming from in your post. it may say (yes) or (no) instead of a 0 or 1

# Debugging and Factory Set Program Switches

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

fastmode : 1 #Posting speed optimizition

set to 0 for normal output

Still not workin for me...oh well....not a big deal. I will work on it as I get time...i cant stand not being able to figure it out, I know it isnt that hard.

Thanks again Mayday for your time and trouble. cheers.gif Guess I owe ya a cold one. ~~~~~~~Shady

MayDay, I was gonna send it but it told me your email is kept private. If you could send me a blank email then I will send the file to you....it is really just the basic MPMASTER post though, I have only changed the G28/G30 thing and added the M29 tapping command. I was J/K about the cold one....but if your ever down this way stop in for a hot cup of very bad coffee. Thanks ~~~~~~~Shady

Ok...I got it. I ended up doing pretty much what tryon said....I did a search for tldia ....when I thought I had the right one I removed it and posted a program to see the results...if it didnt help, I would put that one back in and move on to the next. Maybe not the fastest or even the best way to do it ...but it worked. Thanks again tryon and MayDay for all your help on this. ~~~~~Shady

MayDay, I appologize for not responding sooner. The file you sent me worked great...I had changed mine, but I like the output from yours even better. I really appreciate your time and trouble, you really did a great job. Once again sorry for the slow response. Thanks alot ~~~~~~~Shady