Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining letters

RyoAvel

hi, I'm trying to make raised lettering on a part for my mastercam class, and I was hoping someone knew of a good font to use when I have small letters and not a very small endmill, I cant make the letters much larger than 3/8 and the smallest endmill I have available is 1/8 , unless I can convince my professor to buy a smaller one, which is like pulling teeth. I appreciate any suggestions, thanks

it's a flat endmill, and as far as other tools, I'm really not sure we have anything else close to that small, and here is the full story if anyone cares to see:(I said it was a project for class just to simplify things)

The president of the college wanted my professor (who is up for tenure) to make am enlarged copy of the presidential emblem, but he was busy so he gave it to me as a mastercam project, well on the one I created first I engraved the letters with a centerdrill, but the president whined about it not being identical to the original , so here I am during my vacation doing a work study to make another one with raised lettering

Contact your local tool supply house and ask them if they can help youout. If not contact a local machine shop be rescourseful. Thning like getting what you need to get the job done no matter what oppistable is put in front of you will translate to great things in this profession. If you were close I would give you some .03 or .06 flat stub they only cost about $6.00 out of msc to atelast get the part made to show your abilites and keep your teachers job good as well.

Maybe one of the fellow memebers will step up and help you out.

I might be crazy but think you have to have or do offical business with the office of the presdient to have to make these types of emblems so watch yourself.

Tony,

I see your from Crning. I'll take it your in Mike Reynolds class. If you would like,I would be more than happy to stop by the corporate park building to give you a hand. Mike has done a lot for me and I would be more than happy to help you out. I get out at 3:30. Just let me know what is good for you. I'll keep an eye on the forum and let me know if you want me to help you or not.

HTH.

Joey

I understood Crazy just fine. He understands office politics. I think he hates it as much as I do but it is still there and it has to be delt with from time to time. Sometimes competent machine shop pros have to jump through the hoops and bark like a seal so the English Literature Majors who happen to be Vice President of Manufacturing can have a nice show and tell. It sucks. But it is the world some of us have to live in. It must be worse in Academia.