Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can the wcs help me

tryon

I came across a problem last nite. I programmed a part for one of our horizontals. its 4 ops on a kurt 8 station cluster vise.

I programmed it with the parts at B0,90,180 and 270. one op at a time moving the parts along. well come to find out the only available pallet has the vises at B45,135,225,and 315.

im wondering what the easiest way to correct this is? im not using the wcs for this but maybe i could rotate the wcs by 45 degrees in the top view and regenarate?

its a mazak 640M. its not a rotary just indexing

its around 20 ops total. 1 work offset per face. I am hoping i can go in and change the wcs in all the ops instead of rotating all the geometry and picking new T-planes. Im not at work now so ill have to take notes.

quote:

I don't program a Mazak HMC but can you add the 45 degree increment in the machine fixture offsets?

I know nothing about Mazak (even though I was told that it is a Meldas control with a different name), but that is exactly what I would do.

Believe it (or not). We have several indexing table HMC, none of them have a 4th (B-axis) offset on the work offset pages. All B moves are in the program. If you have to change it, you have to change the program. Really sucks when you do a set up, you're not sure what B you're at except from the position page in the active commands area.

I used to use a macro to for the B so that if I needed to shift, I just put a number in variable(s).

Also, setups can be a little freaky because on Mazak indexers, the 'feed hold' button won't stop the B-axis. Only reset or e-stop... otherwise... flame.gifcurse.gif

There is no workoffset for the indexers. We do have one HMC with a rotary and i could just workoffset the B on that one but i cant use that machine.

I guess the easiest thing to get me going is the old Find/replace move. But im going to figure out a mastercam way somehow.

thanks