Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force B0 at every index

Jcastle

Using the MPMaster post is it possible to force B0 at every index, in place of say B90. B180. B270

Example

N20(SPOT .1969 DIA THRU 3PL)

T20 M6 (3/8 X 90 SPOT DRILL)

G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

M11

G0 G90 G54.1 P10 B0

M10

G0 G90 X-2.875 Y4.1112

S2032 M3

M8

G43 H20 Z2.

G98 G81 Z-.093 R.1 F10.1

X-3.7392

X-2.875 Y-4.1112

G80

(SPOT .1575 DIA ON END 3PL)

G91 G28 Z0.

G28 X0. Y0.

M11

G0 G90 G54.1 P12 B90.(would like to keep this at B0)

M10

G0 G90 X2.4803 Y1.4961

G43 H20 Z2.

G98 G81 Z-.0735 R.1 F10.1

Y0.

Y-1.4961

G80

G80 M9

G91 G28 Z0. M5

G28 X0. Y0.

M11

G28 B0

G90

M30

Paul

At the machine, the operator sets each face that gets worked one as a seperate workoffset (X Y Z and B) only on parts that I can center on the pallet do I use the index positions (B0 B90 B180 B270)

Thanks dave i will find pfcout in the post and change it to "B0"

Jay

quote:

only on parts that I can center on the pallet do I use the index positions (B0 B90 B180 B270)

Why is this any part you can put on the pallet can be run in Mastercam and indexed. I set up my part the right rotation in Mastercam if I want it to be 270 I just put it there accorindly. Then when I post the program I get all the right B moves and done.

HTH

Jcastle,

I put the pcout ( or pfcout) in parenthesis so when I'm on the floor it's easier to read.

code:

pbld, n, *sgcode, *sgabsinc, pfxout, pfyout, 

"(", no_spc, pfcout, no_spc, ")", "B0.", pgear, pwcs2, strcantext, e

The actual "B90" offset is shown but is ineffective.

Ron,

I also set different offsets for each side of my parts only I let my program macros do it instead of the operators. This way you're programming to the part instead of from the center of the pallet rotation.

---------------------------------------------

At the machine, the operator sets each face that gets worked one as a seperate workoffset (X Y Z and B) only on parts that I can center on the pallet do I use the index positions (B0 B90 B180 B270)

---------------------------------------------

Oh ok, That makes sense. Good idea. I think I'll modify a post to do just that. Problem we have here is some dumb arse made sub tables for the 4 axis HMC's without a clearance hole to pickup center of rotation. I asked my boss why and he looked at me funny and said , Uhh, we try to stay away from 4 Axis work if we can, Duuuuuuuuuhhhhh ! So much for Lean Manufacturing/ 4 sided maching/ tombstone work so on and so on. Can still do it but makes for a dificult setup. Sorry I hijacked your thread.