Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Slowing down for corners

CADin & CAMin

I need to slow down my cuts around corners. I am cutting glass. When I make radiuses on the corners there is a lot more material and the material is prone to chip. I have been running 1/10 speed around the corners.

Is there a way to do this?

If I want to put a factor into my post that when I set this variable to a non zero number, the feed will be divided by this factor. I can see where I would enter this number in the "misc values" of the operation parameters. I do not know how to reference the number in the post and I would need to make sure mastercam knew that I changed the feed so that it would output for the next linear move.

Would appreciate your help

quote:

Thanks, If I use the adjust arc feed in the job setup. Will it apply to all tools? We use groove tools that do not need to slow down. Only external cuts.

Select only the operations you want to slow down in the corners. Than regenerate them with the "Adjust Feed On Arc Move" checked on. Lock the operations you just edited ( hit letter "L" while in the operation manager and over the operations you want locked) and uncheck the "Adjust Feed On Arc Move" in jobsetup screen.