Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wcs icon

ngkim

Here's my trick of the month ...

If you want something onscreen that will locate your active Cplane, try activating your grid Alt+G and setting it to visible with a size of 1.

This way, when you switch between various Cplane's, you can really see where the plane is.

Hope this helps!

Luc

Luc,

I had a chance to use this tip at a customer site today. He had difficulty following the workplane changes that I was making - So I pulled out the Simtech <> smoke and mirrors and the guy finially go where we were on the wireframe.

Thanks again,

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I teach Construction Plane at school, the first thing I do is Alt+G, then I start flipping it around so that they get a visual picture of what is really going on. It works quite well. Often I'll flip it on if I have a question as to where I am in space when I get lost.

This is a nice tip. Is there any way to have the GRID display where the height of the Cplane is? The GRID, when turned on, displays where the XY origin is but not at the Z height. It would be nice if there was an XYZ label on it also....just an idea.

MPO

When I change the Cplane using Cplane - Alt O - Relative - Endpoint - pick the endpoint and type in a z5 the location of the GRID stays at the z plane it started at. If I use the Z button to move the z height then the GRID updates. Shouldn't the GRID go wherever the Cplane goes? Thanks MPO.