Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

subroutine calls.. ..a living nightmare!!!

VertikalMan48

HELP!!!!!

I spent 4 freaking hours trying to debug a subroutine operation using G71 and G70 in my class today and even my teacher was at a loss about it!!! Vericut said it was O.K. to cut machine my part on the lathe but as soon as it went into the lathe, a tool path geometry error came up. With all due respect to my teacher, I can't understand why we spent so much &*2%!!! time trying to fix this: we don't even know what to look for!!! #%$!!....is this what they do in machine shops?! What a waste of $%# student time!! You would think by now they would come up with a book indicating the most common problems in manual programming especially these subroutine programs...I mean, were looking at it and looking at it. Tracing the tool path in our heads over and over while looking at the code but we can't find the freaking error!! Oh no, but The Mazak lathe insists we &*^# up on block 75...right where the subroutine call is!!

We look again and again and again...for WHAT??!!! where the %$#&* is the error???!!!this is insane!!Why did I spend 3 days writing and verifying my program on vericut only for it to be rejected by Mazak??!!..this is not the way to learn....it only discourages you in every way!!

Well First Welcome,

Firstly Vericut will check the NC code BUT the controller must be setup in Vericut the same as your machine to identify any errors.

If you can send the code I'll have a look at it for you.

Can your machine do G71 cycle?

Has this example been done before at school or is this a new example.Surely you could have cross checked against a program that has been run before.

From experience you will find the answer and it will be something very minor you are over looking.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

VMan,

First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, you need to calm down a bit. We all get frustrated from time to time but raving on about it doesn't get the problem solved. Coming here and explaining your problems, in detail, will usually give you a good chance of getting your problem corrected.

quote:

we don't even know what to look for!!!

If you post your troublesome code and the error message you are getting here, we can have a look at it and try to find out why it is not working. The next step would be editing the post so it gives you the correct code.

G71 and G70 are not called sub-routines, they are canned cycles. There are a number of common errors that new programmers often overlook when useing them. A couple of the most common are not having the correct line numbers for the "P" and "Q". The other is not having the contour path follow a constantly increasing or decreasing direction.

Again, post some code so we can have a look

Phil

VertikalMan48:

Experience is the best teacher. All does not run smoothly in a machine shop. Trouble shooting skills are very valuable. Calm down. Learn how to ask a good question and you will generally get good answers. biggrin.gif

quote:

The other is not having the contour path follow a constantly increasing or decreasing direction.

Type 1 does not allow a reversal, type 2 allows one axis to reverse.

post some output or even better upload the file to the ftp.

Jg