Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Developing a blank

Candyman

hi all , i have a mc9 file of a bracket that we are wanting to stamp out .. but we need to develop a blank for it.. we have tried with varying success but we are having trouble when it tries to wipe up a 20mm high flange around the part. one area has a radius with the flange running around it and when its formed the material just bunches up and looks bad.. does anyone have any suggestions in this type of forming or is there a program that will flatten out my bracket to give a better result.. i can supply the mc9 file if needed thanks paul

we usually develop our blanks using the grid method . we have tried to fine tune it as much as possible but when drawing around the rad the material just bunches up .. maybe we need a spring loaded stripper to hold the material and actually stretch it first then draw it down.. i was just after some ideas on how to do this.. as for the software to develop the blank that would be a bonus.. the rad is only 14mm but the flange height is 24mm its not sure of the exact makeup of the steel strip but its like a mild steel..

• 3 months later...