Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rain and Mud

Threept82

Most peeps I know are doing good. Worst trouble I had was having to drain meh pool every couple days. (only drain a couple inches at a time so I don't have to spend a bunch to bring it back up to norm when this is all said and done).

On another, (and good) note, Forest Hodges is gone, and Lake Hodges is back. 2 months ago, the resevoir was about 30% full. Now it's spilling over the top, and looks spectacular I might add. All the resevoirs in SD now are back up to 80+%. This is a very good thing considering we live in a desert here. I'll try to find a pict of it.

quote:

Most peeps I know are doing good.

Same here, a few major problems in spots, lots of minor stuff. As with almost any rain storm, the low lying areas get clobbered and the hillsides start sliding.

You know, we get 5 to 8 inches of rain most years and people get used to it -- then when we get a gully-washer (30 inches so far) all the $h!t breaks loose!

Average rainfall is about 16 inches per year, 8 - 10 inches for 5 yrs then 30+ in one year!! eek.gif

We live in a hilly area of the San Fernando Valley, but have not had any damage here or around us. Most of the sliding homes are those built on the EDGE of steep hillsides. The sun was finally out today so maybe we can dry-out. We could lose some trees if the soil is too wet and we get wind(Santa Ana condition). Like Rek'd, we have been draining the pool every couple of days.