Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Playing sound file when opening MC (Hey James!)

Thad

James,

Did you ever get setup to play a sound file when launching MC? Maybe you could try RtvReco. One of the options is to play a sound file. This is a very handy program. It only responds to windows that pop up, not including the splash screen (AFAIK). We have the fileget.vbs run at startup. You could use that window to launch it if you use it too.

For anyone else interested, RtvReco is used to click buttons, check boxes, or perform certain repetitive tasks automatically. For example, when copying drilling locations from one op to another, I get that annoying dialog box asking if I want to retain depth values for drill points. I NEVER want to do this, so I set it up to automatically click No. It happens in the blink of an eye. Or when opening another session of MC..."MC is currently running. Do you wish to continue?" I have it click Yes. It's really sweet and it's FREE for 5 "situations." It works with any Windows program.

This is in reference to this old thread.

BTW, what is the THX sound?

Thad