Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC isssues with new server

Thad

We have a new server setup and all programmers/operators have been set up as restricted users. Now we're having problems with MC.

When I import a DWG file, I get the following error. This happens EVERY time.

millexe.jpg

When I import an operation and want to change tools, after I select the new tool, I get this error. If I click OK, everything seems to work. headscratch.gif

toolchange.jpg

When I post a file, it takes about 30 seconds for Cimco to open up. It used to take about 1-5 seconds, depending on program size.

If the user is given administative priviledges, then everything works properly. This defeats the whole purpose of our new setup.

All seats are running WinXP Pro. MC 9.1 SP2 Maint with all updates and patches.

Any ideas?

Thad

Try this out. Tell your IT dude (or whoever does that stuff at your company) to give the restricted users full access to the Mastercam directory (or in your case it appears to be C:Mcam91SP2) and its sub directories. Your restricted accounts probably don't have write access for some files that need to be created/written to.

Obviously, this is a work-around and not a real solution. I think problems with privilages will be taken care of in X.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to say Thanks to Bullines.................where ever you are.........

cheers.gif

Fixed the same error message Thad was getting in ver9 with the tools.

We are swithing over to a new server..........and having a few problems/issues.

Now I can also print to the printer next to me hooked to another computer.........instead of waking to the front office. bonk.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks You Forum

cheers.gifcheers.gif