Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Missing Chaining Arrows

Corky Brown

I am running a new system. It is a 3.40GHz/P4 2 GB of RAM. I am running an NVIDIA graphics card, it is a GeForce 6800/256 MB of RAM. The OS is XP SP2 also.

I am running MC 9 SP2. Whenever I chain something the arrows do not show up. I am assuming it is the settings on the card. If anyone has the same card, I would like to know the settings to get that corrected.

Thanks!

i had the same problem with my 6800. it acted like a radeon in mastercam. the only way i could get things to work properly was to turn down hardware acceleration.

these cards have limited opengl.. good for games but not 3d applications. i think that its the lack of support for opengl hardware overlays that cause icon and cursor problems.

i have since used the rivatuner mod to allow me to use the quadro drivers on it and all is perfect now.

The only true solution is to get yourself a decent nVidia card. With prices of a low end PCIx or AGP Quadro FX series card around the 120$ range, there is no reason not to get one. It will save so many headaches! Also make sure you are using the latest and greatest drivers. I usually buy them in the OEM box with no drivers to save some cash, you will need to go online and download the latest drivers anyway.

Even an old Quardro 2 Pro works great and you can get them on ebay for 25 bucks.

I'm back! My old system was a 1.78 GHz P4. My new one is a 3.4 GHz P4. XP-SP2 2GB RAM. I tried the "stock" Intel card built into the system. The problem is it is not a PCI or AGP it is the newer PCI Express slot. Our IT guy here says it does not seem like the graphics card seeing as we tried 2 different cards in it and 2 different monitors. (The problem card is the NVIDA GeForce 6800). He is thinking that it is the higer end machine that is giving the problems. He says it seems like MasterCAM can't handle the higher end machine, I personally disagree. I am leaning towrds Avon's reply of the Quadro FX card. Has anyone experienced anything like this before. The root of the problem is my chaining arrows do not show up. Part of the arrow shows up and I get "ghosting" when I analyze a chain.