Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machining a pocket on a haas TM1

Jayme

iam useing mastercam to machine a simple pocket om my haas i have no problem doing that but i want to adjust the size alittle and i cant i try the tool offset and it doesnt change i dont have this problem when i do a countor i just add a g 41or 42 then add a dia in the post works great but in pocketing there is no place to turn off compensation so i dont know what to do iam a new newbeee at this thanks for any help jayme confused.gif

Hello, Jayme,

Here is my 2 cents. Hope it helps a bit. (just found out this last week)

On the offset page, go to Tool Radius--Wear. If you want to make the pocket .005 smaller enter .005. If you want to make it .005 bigger enter -.005

If you have a radius you must start the cutter comp on a streight line instead of right on the arc. Taht will give you Alarm message on the machine. (also just found out lask week!!) :)

Compensation only works on finish pass. I would set cutter comp to controll, but that is my personal choice. Check your lead in /out settings, and that should do it for you. If you use controll, then set your tool comp in the machine to the tool radius. If you choice Wear, then set your tool radius at the machine to Zero.

Jayme,

Just a helpful hint on choosing between control comp. or wear comp. I was partial to using control comp. for years but I've found that if your working in tight areas such as small dia. and circle-milling you may not have enough room to initiate cutter comp. using contol method. When using control comp. the machine needs to move half the cutter dia. to be initialized, so if you have a 1/2in. cutter you must move a 1/4in. If using wear comp. and a 1/2in. cutter your dia. ofs. is set at zero in the machine so you can initialize cutter comp. with as little as a .0005 move. Wear comp. can save you a lot of headaches.

Good Luck,

Warlock

thanks guys all the help its nice to have a place to come to ask people questions at anytime of the day and get an answer back at midnight iam a night person and this helps i have a day job as a mechanic so i dont get to do macheing untill after work so haveing a after hours place to come for info is great thanks again ill be back with more questions in the near future cheers.gif