Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS a bit more

one shot

Hello everyone.

I was wondering can I assign a WCS to a group of entities? Such that any tool I use on each different group would automatically switch to the corresponding WCS? confused.gif

The reason for my question if I have two Kurt double vices and I do various operations in each of the four different locations and picking geometry and keeping the different WCS assignments can get a little confusing.

Any advice would sure be welcome.

Thanks

Jeff

Search "Edit Random Parameters", I think this is what you are really looking for.

I usually program a WCS complete then move the order of the operations around. When I move the operation around I use Display Modes with "WCS", "Tool Plane" and "Operation comment" ( I enter the tool # in the comment T1) checked.

[WSC: FRONT]-[Tplane#1,X0. Y0. Z0.]-T1

[WSC: BACK]-[Tplane#1,X0. Y0. Z0.]-T1

Another way that might work for you is to Right mouse button in the OM and try "Sort Operations".

J Coulston:

I have read a little on the search you spoke of and will have to look into it a bit further, for now I did as you recomended. Program complete then sort by tools. This worked for me now.

Storkman:

That is kind of what I am doing now.However, I am not using views. I have copied the top wcs for each vice position, then after creating a tool path I go back into the parameters of each tool and select the the wcs I want.

Thankyou both for your input.

Jeff cheers.gif