Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

file names in V9

Alan S

Hi just upgraded to V9 but i'm having problems seeing files that are longer than 9 characters long if i shorten the file name then no problem but i can't be changing names of all previous files that i may have to read in at some stage in the future. So can anyone offer some advice on how i can go about changing the max amount of characters that i can read in and save.

headscratch.gif

Sorted it out myself. The problem lay in the file extension for some reason my folder options was set to "remove file ext of known file types" once i removed the check box i was then able to see all the relevant files in mastercam in "file get" and read them in.

Cheers anyway to anyone that may have been looking into this for me.

Yes i know, when i upgraded to V9 i also upgraded to WindowsNX. But because the problem seemed to be in mastercam as it is while in there that the files cannot be read it kinda throws you off track.

Plus there was not this problem while running V8 on windows 2k you do assume that this would not be an issue.

Windows XP!! I have just been looking at something on unigraphics NX.....anyway as said earlier i have got round that problem and have come across another that i hope someone can help with. Everytime i post out a program i get an error box that pops up with the message

"warning - unsupported function call. Recompile with new m_*.h files, link with new m_*.obj files"

I have been in touch with my reseller he past on some files but still no joy waiting now for his reply but if anyone here can help then that would be great. The NC files by the way are ok they do run but this message pops up 3 times for every one program its just annoying.

"warning - unsupported function call. Recompile with new m_*.h files, link with new m_*.obj files"

Usually means you are trying to run an older DLL (C-Hook) that has not been complled to run with the version of Mastercam you are using.

What is the name after this line in your PST? ->

91. Name of executable post processor? MP

I'm (just) guessing that it is not MP.

You need to get the updated version of that DLL file.

Question 91 is as below.

91. Name of executable post processor? MP

But what i did was copy and then overwrit all my pst files from MCAM8 into MCAM9 and then ran the UPDATEPST9 c-hook.

My reseller past on some files to copy into my c-hook directory (cp5v9.dll, cp5rev.dll and misc.dll and some other txt files) but these have prooved inefective.

quote:

But what i did was copy and then overwrit all my pst files from MCAM8 into MCAM9 and then ran the UPDATEPST9 c-hook.

Yes, copying all the PST (and their related TXT) files that you used with v8 and Updating them was the correct thing to do. These PST/TXT files would not be the cause of the ->

My original guess was the the PST you were using did NOT call MP.DLL (as the MP.DLL that was installed with v9 should be built to run with v9!) and that your PST was using a 3rd party DLL such as CP5.DLL But, if line 91. in your PST file is referencing 'MP', loading in a new CP5.DLL is not going to help.

But, you already know that wink.gif

Try this...

First, backup the current MP.DLL in the CHOOOKS folder and then download and install the latest version of MP.DLL ->

MP.DLL (v9.18)

Roger that sounds very feasible and i will give it a try however my computer has crashed and i think died. IT have took it away and given my old computer back with MCAM8 only they think its a motherboard problem. So i am back to square one with my old computer and V8 for the time being i will post a message later to let you know how everything went. Oh by the way i got a telephone call from my re-seller and they have said that they will send V9.1 on a CD in the mail to reload onto my computer which i am guessing will have the latest MP.DLL file as well so thanks for all your help Roger cheers.