Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro Variable

Jerome

Fanuc 16i control.

Hey all, does any one know which system variable reports the current tool number that is in the spindle. I am not looking for #4120 but the variable that actualy reports what the current tool number is in the spindle. #4120 reports the current T code that is programmed, but this will not report the "current tool" in the spindle, if a tool pre-select is programmed.

banghead.gif

We use full radius comp here and I wrote a macro to verify the tool radius value input. I check the input value into the dia offset register with the current tool number in the spindle.

WE have common offset types

H and H shared.

Some of the guys input the wrng value in the past and scrapped parts.

instead of .093 they input .93

Are you passing an argument w/ the nominal radius comp and comparing it to the actual value ?

I did it that way for height offsets after one of our operators cleaned a tombstone right off of its mounting plate

H value -45.678 instead of -4.5678

or, using positive values

.4567 instead of 4.567

thought 999 was satan's number for dyslexics(sp?)

I couldn't find any other reference in my fanuc manual. Could you just use a user defined variable set in the M6 tool change sub. Then you could access it at any time and no the tool actually in the spindle.

Glenn

P.S. I'll keep an eye open as I use the manual, usually I can't find anything when I want/need it. But then in a couple of weeks, it jumps off the page at me. firebounce.gif