Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC Wire

El Scotthead

Hey everybody,

Just want some thoughts. Our wire guy is currently using esprit to do his programs. We just upgraded to the newest version, and everything is so different that he has to re-learn how to use it. He's really having a hard time. The esprit is very un user-friendly, imho. To me, seems like Mastercam would be way easier to use. Anyone agree/disagree with this? We may or may not be able to sway the boss on this, but I'd still like some opinions.

headscratch.gif

We use Mastercam, but this discussion has been covered some before HERE

Esprit made its name in WEDM programming and some say it can't be beat. I believe Esprit also has all the technology tables for Charmilles which are not available in MC.

If your guy has already been using Esprit, I would definately get him involved in MC demo to make sure it does everything he wants it to. Also get a commitment from the MC dealer for Post Processors. If they say there is an existing post, ask to see sample code.

-----------------------------------------------

what machines do you have. I find MC great for the more common machines but a post issue for the more fringe machines.

------------------------------------------------

-We have a Mitsubishi FX10, which I believe is fairly common.

As far an MC demo, I've been pushing it for a while, we just haven't been able to wrangle the time to do it. I guess I'll have to make time.

CAMmando--

I'll check out that other thread a little later. My internet keeps crashing. This is the third time I've typed this message this morning.

banghead.gif

I would suggest starting with this post processor (it is on the CD)-> MPW-FA10.PST

Yes, it is labeled for the FA, but FX types are programmed the same.

Be sure to check the "User Preference Settings" section that allows for easy customization of many functions and several code output format options pertaining to the 'H' registers.

El Scotthead,

We are running MC Wire on our FX-20 with great success. I have a modified MPW-FA10.PST that has some great features for power setting manipulation that I would be happy to share with you or anyone who may want it. 99% af my posted code require no edits. HTH

Keith

Roger & Keith,

I'll definitely keep that post in mind(actually written down on a sticky note) if we do indeed go the MC route. But I'm no where near the point where I need a post yet. It doesn't even look like the boss will convert over to MC wire, seeing as how he just spent WAY(imho) too much money upgrading esprit(I'm not sure upgrade is the proper term). frown.gif

Thanx for all the input guys. It seems MC wire would be the way to go since I am comfortable with MC already and could probably help the wire guy out with learning it. We'll just hafta keep after the boss about it--maybe he'll cave.