Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wire no core

deeherk,

Most of the time I am doing nocore it is holes, many times I deside to create the geometry myself. I only run nocore when the slugs can be trouble because of size, WEDM is a very expensive process, do not want to have the machine to run overtime just because I am lazy and do not want to drop a sluck.

A warning:

If you use Mcam nocore function, make sure that it is nocoring your part, I have tryed a couple of complex parts were Mcam missed a portion, and I ended up with a unexpected sluck, now I got to say that I am running Mcam 8.1.1 in wire, so things could have been improved in 9.

Lars

quote:

Most of the time I am doing nocore it is holes,...

+1

Consumables cost quite a bit to run a wire machine, as such about the only time I will use this is when the machine is set to run 10+ hours overnight unattended.

When I do use this, I usually run 75% step, and never use this on anything larger than .080" to .090" holes or slots.

Plus if the tollerance is tight - you have to make 2 or 3 skim passes with our machine or you end up with a tapered hole for some reason? headscratch.gif

HTH

Later,

Mark