Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Program transfer not stopping at control

jeff

Up until recently,when I sent a program to my machines,when it reads the % it stops reading.

On my 10M and my 11M this is no longer the case.

Now it just keeps reading the program until I hit "stop".

I didnt change a thing at my control and at my pc.

Using DNC MAX.

Any ideas?

confused.gif

Jeff,I don't have an answer for you, but I have also seen the same thing happen to me.

Just yesterday,I was trying to call a program from the machine controller (fanuc) and it would only come in to the control (remote request)if I did the procedure of calling it up at the control twice!

We use the 'Predator' dnc software and this is only something that happens on this particular machine!!!

Beats me?? bonk.gif

Sorry I do not have an answer for you.

hi

long back i faced like this problem, that i had worked on fanuc 11m, in that some times i faced buffer and prg. not stopping problems. by trying out all my ideas i come out that problem by using master cam cimco edit for transfering data, plz. note that first keep the mode in TAPE from the machine side, then send data from pc then press cycle start button.

Check the NC code being transmitted to the CNC for any characters after the M30, then %. This sometimes will hang the machine open waiting on more data.

Typical settings for a Fanuc will state that upon a M30, M02, or M99 (this is a parameter), then close out the communication. Also, LF/CR or just EOB can be setup for the end of file.

If you are using DNC-Max save a copy of the Debug log and email that to us along with your machine.mch file (machine = the name of the machine in DNC-Max). Also, send us a copy of the file, or any file you are experiencing this problem with. We should be able to figure out what the problem is quickly.

Greg is definitely giving you some great info about the end-of-file data/characters. If nothing has changed on the machine control or on the DNC-Max side, the only other possible problems would have to do with file formatting (not too likely unless you just updated some posts) or somehow the device drivers for the hardware you are using changed and need to be reset.

NOTE: Brendan, Greg's suggestions should definitely help you get to the bottom of the problem you are experiencing. Sounds like a classic end-of-file issue.

Like I said, shoot us an email [email protected]. We'll check out the files and call you back. If you need some assistance with that call us and we can remote in and show you how to do the debug and which files to send.

Shep,

What program are you DNC'ing from to the Haas.

I'm curious about this problem, cuz i'm contemplating a Haas in my future.

The comments are supposed to help the machine guy get to know what the programmer is after.

This seems to defeat the purpose.

Hope someone chimes in.