Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jack Mitchell (inverse on mazak?)

d00d

OK been 4 Axis gramming now for a few months and seem pretty comfy with enough tool paths and creating C planes etc... But when I'm trying to do true "rotary" tool paths the machine is rotating way to fast, thus making me remove alot of stock using time consuming Indexes prior to rotary tool paths. From what I understand this is due to the machine is using regular speeds and feeds. The machine is a true rotary machine and from what I understand I must post in Inverse time code. How do I know if my machine is capable of this? It is a Mazak 510 nexus. Is there a munue etc... that I am missing on the console? Figured Jack might know since he seems like the mazak guru here.

Thanks

Darren

Inverse time code on the mazak is G93. Theres also a "Table Rotational Machining" M code for this thats an option. M145 (B-X machining), M146 (B-Z machining), and M144 to cancel. I haven't had the chance to play with rotary machining on the my Mazaks yet (only on fanucs).

Jack may know more about this. In the mean time, do you have the Fusion Programming Manuals with the machine? This may help some as there are some parameters that you may need to set (F85 I think) for some defaults.

cheers.gif

quote:

Figured Jack might know since he seems like the mazak guru here.

I'm honored but I really don't know the answer - sorry but keep working it redface.gif

I suspect that Harryman might have an answer and I know that Andrew will have a solution but I'm thinking there might be a little tension between him and someone else - come on guys, bury the axe and get on with it already.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

I have some experiance with the older M31 control. I moved a rotary job using inverse time g93 from a Fanuc to the M31 and the g93 caused an alarm. I took it out and the program worked fine with out any special codes needed. However the Mazak could not process the code as fast as the fanuc and each B,X,Z move was kind of jerky but the part came out good. I think the Mazak might have it's own way of calculating inverse feed when ever the rotary and 2 linear axis are being commanded at the same time.

The Integrex uses degree per minute feed rates. If motions are combinations of rotary axis and linear axis the rotary feed rate is used. If a motion is large in linear distance and small in angular distance the degree per minute feedrate will be very small compared to a move that is same total length but large angle and small linear. This is one aspect of the post that I haven't fully proven. I don't know what Mazak mills want and that's why I didn't speak up (thanks for thinking of me Jack).

If there is a machine parameter setting that chooses method A or method B, and method B is the obviously wise choice, Mazak will ship the machine set to A. Do what ever it takes to discover all related machine parameters and understand the options that they provide. Then check for post switches.

Have fun.

quote:

I think the Mazak might have it's own way of calculating inverse feed when ever the rotary and 2 linear axis are being commanded at the same time.

Even on the M2 control (21 years ago), I had some projects that required the same 2 axis cutter comp while rotating the forth. Back then we only ran with Mazatrol programming; this was really wacked to observe even in full rapid (all four axis would sync to the maximum rotational of the forth). This was sort of jerky but still acccurate. Feeds had to be radically adjusted on the fly since very few company's bought machine tools with a forth axis and few people back then actually used them for more than a positioner for holes and such.

Today things are much different - call Mazak service in Kentucky and discuss this with an engineer for this effect is definately parameter related. Someone more knowledgeable might be more helpful but I know for a fact the Mazak engineers do indeed have this information - pry it out of them.

quote:

Andrew who??

Come on Peter - play nice biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack