Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

world trade center!!!!!!!

Kenneth Potter

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that the country that saved the world from the darkness of the Nazi's should be the object of this senseless and pointless hatred.

I don't think these people have a soul.

How can you hate America? We ARE everyone from every land. To hate America is to hate humanity.

I think these people also underestimate American resolve. Our fathers and grandfathers did not shrink after Pearl Harbor. This will not bring us to our knees, it will bring us to our feet.

It is very important, I think, that we all proceed about our jobs and our business in as normal a matter as possible. If we become timid, or if we allow this to derail our duties to our businesses and our communities, we let them win.

The response to this cowardly act will certainly be swift and devastating. Each of us in our own way must contribute to the good of the Nation, and I submit that for us "civilians" that is by continuing to do our work with vigor and diligence.

The world changed today.

Any action has unintended consequences. But on the whole American intentions have been good; we did not fight wars to conquer new territory or enslave people, but to keep them free.

I think any country that had exercised power as the US has really had to do over the last 50 years would probably made at least as many or more mistakes.

Can you imagine a world dominated by Nazi Germany, or the former USSR? What freedoms, religious or otherwise, would anyone under that umbrella be able to exercise?

So, if the alternative was to just sit those situations out, does anyone believe the world would be better now?

I guess we're getting off topic; that this forum is not to solve political problems.

This is from a Canadian reporter years ago, but it still holds true today, although, not typically the Canadian part. If anyone of us can do anything i.e. donate blood or whatever even financially for those in need in these darkest of days please do so.

The Americans

Aired: June 5, 1973

CFRB, Toronto, Ontario Canada

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtze. Who rushed in with men and money to help? The Americans did.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. Today, the rich bottomland of the Mississippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that hurries in to help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples. So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped.

The Marshall Plan .. the Truman Policy .. all pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now, newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplanes.

Come on... let's hear it! Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 107? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or women on the moon?

You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ... and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everyone to look at. Even the draft dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, most of them ... unless they are breaking Canadian laws .. are getting American dollars from Ma and Pa at home to spend here.

When the Americans get out of this bind ... as they will... who could blame them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else buy the Israel bonds, Let someone else build or repair foreign dams or design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble.

Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.

I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians. And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke.

This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over… has taken it all and nobody...but nobody... has helped.

"It's amazing that the country that saved the world from the darkness of the Nazi's should be the object of this senseless and pointless hatred."

As an english national I am absolutely stunned that you could write this.

Whilst its probably true that without the USA entering the war the outcome would have been much different, its also true that the England stood all but alone against Nazi Germany, and it took Japan, bombing Pearl Harbour to persuade the USA to abandon its policy of isolationism.

Its also true that at the time nobody gave a damn about the persecution of the jews (England included), despite being in full knowledge of what was happening.

The only reason that war was declared against Nazi Germany was after Poland was invaded and fears grew about Nazi expansionism!!!!

I am very sorry to say that I cant help but feel that its this kind of arrogance that makes your nation such a target.

Brian,

Obviously it was a coalition that defeated the Nazi's. Is your remark because I did not list all the noble participants (Including the Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, and others)? If so, I apologize for the ommission.

I'm taking a class on communications now, and its just amazing how much people mis-communicate, feelings get hurt, and before you know it, terrible things happen; from the small to the massive.

Here is to the elimination of arrogance and the growth of charity among all people.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The United States IS THE greatest nation on earth and it gets nothing but scorn from a large percentage of the world(who by the way gladly ask for and recieve handouts)..... but so what. God has blessed this nation with unimaginable wealth and prosperity and it is shared, it's what The US is about. The US doesn't help for the "thanks", it helps because 1. it's the right thing to do, and 2. because it can.

Am I proud to be an American? Without a doubt. Is the US a perfect nation? Definitely not. Should our citizens be subject to terrorist, cowardly acts because we are a proud nation? Certainly not.

WHEN those that are behind/responsible for these dispicable acts of cowardice are found, they should be dealt with by equally harsh punishment. I hope the nation(s) that assist these animals are dealt swift and devastating punishment. They do not deserve to live. Absolutely pathetic! What a bunch of wimps.

frown.gif

It is good for people to be proud of what they have achieved but as a nation but you need to get a sense of realism. I understand that Charles Davis mean't not to claim total responsibility for saving the world in 1939-46 but as an Englishman this seems to be a very American thing to do, you often focus on yourselves irrespective of anybody else. And James, by who's measure is the USA the best? You most certainly are the most developed Capitalist Economy but at the cost of being the Worlds Greatest Polluter and (current) abuser of cheap labour. In the days of the British Empire this title belonged to us so there is no innocence here. The point is that for all the up sides, there is a down side. For all your actions there will be a re-action.

This is a small crowded planet and America upsets a lot of people so is it really a suprise that something like this has happened? Fiction writers have been writing about this for years.

I am totally horrified at this action and fully support a strong American re-action to stamp out this murderous and pointless terrorism. Nice people, nice country but IMHO maybe you should think harder about what you say and do sometimes. This is probably true of us all.

My thoughts are with the innocents.

Ron.

As I think abut it its the reprisals that concern me more than the initial action, what on earth is the proportional response for the murder of 10,000 innocent people.

The USA has two and only two choices in this matter, either to take the high ground and declare that they wont be drawn into such xxxx for tat exchanges of carnage, or to respond in such a way that not even the most rabid of extreamist would consider this type of attack again.

Unfortunately the so called high ground will probably be seen as an open invitation to repeat attacks on this magnitude.

But the other option dosnt bear thinking about...........

Good Morning

First of all please allow me to express my deepest sympathies to the victims, their families and those who have been affected by this terrible act.

We have been bombarded with videos and audio exerpts of the events from yesterday and those images are permanantly burned into my mind.

One of the biggest questions that has been asked constantly is " How could this have happened?" or " How could we have prevented this?" In my own opinion, I don't believe it could have been prevented. It came out of nowhere.

"Government Soldiers are paid to fight. Terrorists do it for nothing"

This quote in no way is to downplay the US Army, Navy, Marines, Airforce personnel in any way. In my experience they are the most dedicated service men and women in the world.

But, when you are up against people that are, "brainwashed", into thinking that they will be heroes for committing these acts without any empathy and compensation, it's hard to fight or predict a purely one track dedicated mind(s).

I hope that there will be no "Witch hunt"

for those who should take the blame for allowing this to happen. After all, everyone of us is only Human. Obviously those in charge would have never imagined something as evil as this happening, and I believe that is what makes them human.

"Where ever there is a complete lack of empathy, there is pure evil"

I don't know what it is like down in the regions affected by this tragedy. I can only imagine. It affected the whole world yesterday in one way or another, and I hope I am not overstepping my bounds here, but this is how I honestly feel.

It made me proud to be in this part of the world yesterday to see that the American people will not let this bring them down.

P.S. My wife and I used to argue about History taught in schools. She did'nt believe that it was as important as math or science, and too much emphasis was put into it, that the mistakes of the past were made by people and mindsets of the past.

She learned a big lesson yesterday.

God Bless

Chris

I also want to extend my sympathy and condolences to the people of the United States.

What terrible ,tragic events.

Terrorism’s intent is to intimidate its victims. We all shall remain calm and brave in the face of this. I refuse to be intimated.

My prayers go out to all of you on this list. In whatever you will be doing today, be safe.

Kathy

This I found on the net at home, I haven't verified it yet..

"In the City of York there will be a great collapse, Two twin brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" --Nostradamus 1654