Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solids chamfer

jctjct

I have put a file on the FTP in the solids folder called chamfer.zip. I'm trying to put a .020 chamfer around the top without success. It isn't a complicated thing, so I don't understand what the problem is. The edges I want to chamfer are pink. I am more interested in knowing why it won't work than in a workaround. Can someone explain it?

Kannon,

I'm curious how you worked around that.

Could you shoot me the file?

jctjct,

the smallest radius on the pink chain is 0.0150. If you changed this radius to 0.0200, then you would be able to chamfer the face 0.0200. But as your model is now, the largest chamfer you could use is 0.0150.

scott

El Scotthead

Had the same problem,just fired it off to u. I shortened the extrusion of the tenon by .02... then I translated the shape outline of the tenon down to match what is the new tip then solids extrude choose that outline and extruded it up at a 45 angle then just boolean added it.

Trust me I was waiting for a error when I tried it... but it worked.

cheers.gif

Here is how I fixed it. chamfer_bg in the solids dir.

El Scotthead had the right idea to the problem.

The radius on the corners limits what you can do.

If you remove the .015 rads from the extrusion, then put on the chamfers, and then the .015 fillets. I have found as a general rule, not to include the rads(in this case the .015 rads) in the extrusion. They are a feature that can be put on at the end after the chamfers.

Glad you were able to get it to work. Bruce.