Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Taliban Law concerning Prayer, Women, Beards and Bathing

Rekd™

I would think we, (Americans) would all be thankful that we're living in part of a world that doesn't enforce rules like the Taliban, (Afgan leaders).

Here's a sample of some of their laws..

-----------------

Prayer

Failure to pray to Mecca five times a day -- a requirement of the Muslim religion -- is punishable by imprisonment.

Women and driving

Drivers are prohibited from giving rides to women. Violators are subject to imprisonment.

Preventing idolatry

Portraits -- paintings and photos -- are said to promote idolatry and must be destroyed under the law.

Women and work

Women are banned from working outside the home except in the health sector. In hospitals, women are separated from their male colleagues.

Women and education

The Taliban forbids the education of women until institutions segregating them from men are established. Informal education of women can be punishable by law. For men, at least a sixth-grade education is required.

Entertainment

Music, except for religious chants, is prohibited in shops, hotels and vehicles, and at weddings and parties. Kite flying is considered "useless" and an obstacle to education. Hobbies like keeping pigeons also are forbidden.

Gambling

Forbidden and punishable by at least a month in prison.

Beards and barbers

Men who trim or shave their beards -- considered a sign of Islamic piety -- are imprisoned until their beard grows out. Taliban religious police have been known to employ "the fist rule." A beard must be long enough to be held in a fist. Barbers are banned from giving "American-style" haircuts.

Public bathing

The Taliban shut public bathhouses for men and women, even though most Afghans lack running water. The Taliban says Islam forbids men and women to publicly display their bodies.

------------

Anyone living outside this kind of rule should drop to their knees right now and thank the God for allowing country's like the USA to prosper and provide democracy for the world. (Jailed for not growing a beard? Are you serious?!?!?!)

There, cadcam, is that better? BTW, I think you missed the point here.........

rolleyes.gif

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Ok i will have to ask.

Reked

quote:

I would think you, (Americans)

So now the qustion for you if you are not American if i may say.

Then you are?

I also have to say that you think we are not thankfull for what we have.(You would be wrong)

And i am sorry that people in our world have to live like that.

I think i have said enough.

thanks for your time.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Don't forget that the Taliban supports the CASTRATION of females so that they cannot enjoy the pleasure of sex. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Also, don't forget that Christians are EXECUTED in that country. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif ...... and being a Jew is WORSE than being a Christian there.

And WE'RE the bad guys. Sure. Whatever you say Taliwacker, er, I mean Taliban.

• 1 year later...

quote:

posted 09-16-2001 08:49 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would think we, (Americans) ...

quote:

posted 04-27-2003 09:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks reked I get the point now.

Everyone says you're a little slow, but I knew you'd eventually come around.. biggrin.gif

'Rekd teh "It takes me a long time to learn something, but once I learn it, I can remember it for hours"

Dont know if this is true, but I also heard that neglecting to cancel cutter comp, drill cycles or return to G17 is punishable by death.

I read a book on the taliban last year. Difficult reading because I couldnt keep all the names straight, but the insight into their way of thinking, their recruitment methods, why there tennants are attractive to young men, and how they were able to rise to power are all facinating.

Interestingly, yet another former Arms customer of the US. You know theres a bit of a pattern developing. Buy US weapons, Befriend Terrorists, Wait 10 years Get Bombed.

I wouldn't want to stay in a hospital with these female nurses...

quote:

Women and work

Women are banned from working outside the home except in the health sector. In hospitals, women are separated from their male colleagues.

Women and education

The Taliban forbids the education of women until institutions segregating them from men are established. Informal education of women can be punishable by law. For men, at least a sixth-grade education is required.