Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3-D Wire frame converted to igers surfaced modle

Scott Bond

Sorry Scott, no fix it button. frown.gif Were there surfaces before the IGES translation?? If so get them to resend with surfs.

Ruled surfaces would be the easiest to generate if you need square or rectangular surfs. Create-Surf-flat boundry would be next but only for flat areas. Sorry, no easy way.

Good luck.

WOW robk!! You can model a complate 3D wireframe part into surfaces in only 20 minutes? You are good! cheers.gif

I think Bernie is right. Must have been surfaces there already. Someone just forgot to send them. It can be a lot of work to "coons" and "loft" your way to a complete part and the surfaces may not be the same as the original. Coons and Loft will match to the edges, but not to the other surfaces (i.e. if they were originaly tangent, etc).

However I think the "Magic Button" idea is great. We should suggest that to CNC. biggrin.gif

Mike Mattera

robk

posted 07-01-2005 11:35 AM

posted 07-01-2005 12:55 PM

Please respond quickly because I'm out of here in about 20 minutes.

you need some new batteries for your watch.

Glenn

Scott,

Ask the boeing engineers what they're using to design the files with. Chances are there's a converter to bring their native file format into Mcam. Are you still using V8? eek.gif Gotta get up to date if that's the case. Ask your reseller what your options are. HTH cheers.gif

Thanks for all the support guys.

For those of you that want to try the converson,

I put a copy of each of Jay's FTP under "files to be converted for MC"

If we can't use or find an easeier way, I will be starting the Mastercam labor way on Friday .

(the customer will be of no help on this one)

Wish us luck

Scott