Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Couple of MP master Fadal questions

DaveR

1. What do I change in the post to get it to output in format 2 G54-55 etc. instead of E1-E2?

2. I have an index job with round stock, facing sides, I just want to output rotary index moves, no need for five work offsets right? Just use G54 set as the part and indexer centerline and face of the chuck. I'm getting e1-e5 offsets in my posted code even though in the WCS I left offsets set to -1 (off right?) so that must be an issue with the way I set up my tool planes? The index moves are all there and correct in the posted code so I made it that far.

I can not help with the changing from format 1 to format 2.

To output the same work offset when doing rotary work I found if I am working on a G54(E1)

just to set all my offsets to 0, that gives me a G54 across the ops.

Mastercam sees a rotary move as a new offset. To keep them all the same you must set them all the same.

HTH

Get the standard MPMASTER post then take the pwcs section out of it and paste it into the MPMASTER_FADAL post. This will give you the G54 workoffets output from the toolplane page in the paramters in Mastercam no need to for the Mi1 crap anymore using this method.

The operation all need to have the same workoffset in which to keep the same workoffets. The post is made so that if you pick nothing it gives you one for each side.

Nope still doing it, variable not defined...know what that is?

I set all of my work offsets to -1, then tried the first op at 0 and the rest at -1, can't get no love from MPMaster_Fadal. frown.gifbanghead.gif

[ 07-02-2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: DaveR ]

If you added in the code from MPMASTER, you will need to define G_WCS (assumes you pasted in the MPMASTER pwcs section).

"fmt G 4 g_wcs #WCS G address"

tuck it in with the other fmt statements - such as after:

"fmt S 9 speedrt #Spindle Speed - Rigid Tapping

fmt M 4 gear #Gear range"

pwcs #G54+ coordinate setting at toolchange

if mi1 > one,

[

sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs

if sub_level, force_wcs = zero

if workofs <> prv_workofs | (force_wcs & toolchng),

[

if workofs < 6,

[

g_wcs = workofs + 54

*g_wcs

]

else,

[

p_wcs = workofs - five

"G54.1", *p_wcs

]

]

force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs

!workofs

]

Heres what my p_wcs looks like.

After making thse changes you instructed, I now get " variable not defined p_wcs"? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help BTW, this is way over my head at least for now...

Dave,

Do the same for this error as Gary told you for the other - copy the format statement for "p_wcs" into your post.

Look at the Format section of MPmaster and copy the line into your post.

I will almost bet you will get one (1) more error!

Maybe not? I don't have the post you are modifing.

Care to guess which one?

Hint - look at what you pasted - before something can = a variable, the variable has to be defined.

HTH

Later,

Mark