Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IMPORTING SOLIDS FROM MECHANICAL DESKTOP

new learner

Mechanical Desktop also exports Step files

If you use iges delete duplicate enities will

help. Check the tolerance you used when exporting

from Mechanical Desktop also will help. Mechanical

also has some other options to help decrease that

problem.

Sure you can bring in parametric solids and NURB surfaces from Mechanical Desktop to MasterCAM. It has parametric solids and can export STEP files and it also has NURB surfaces. They come in fine. You may have mistaken AutoCAD or Mechanical AutoCAD as Mechanical Desktop. Mechanical Desktop is made by Autodesk but it is different from Autocad and Mechanical Autocad. AutoCAD and Mechanical AutoCAD solids and surfaces are not good for anything but looks you are right about those. There are many companies in my area that use Mechanical Desktop and MasterCAM to do there work with no problem. But I do understand that AutoDesk is planning on dropping Mechanical Desktop and staying with Inventor. I use PRO/E and Mechanical Desktop and of course MasterCAM because in my area that is what most companies use. I would be glad to put a Mechanical Desktop on the ftp site if you have a way to read it