Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

view keeps going back to top

ChrisH

I need help bad. A new employee used my computer last week and change setting on my Mastercam. I have got every thing back but one. I also backed up everything so this can’t happen again. This is the one I can’t seem to pin point is every time I pick a surface-hole-point-curve and so on the view goes back to top after I pick it. Exp. I rotate the view to see a hole better on my solid and after I pick a curve it jumps back to top view. This is driving me nuts.

banghead.gif

I don't know if this an issue for either of you but I have a spaceball 5000 that if I don't release the device to the view, when I click on something as you describe I get the flipping to a different view also. In my case, I can release the device with a simple left mouse click anywhere on the screen except in proximity to a piece of geometry.

Are either one of you using a 3D pointing device?

quote:

I have a space mouse but i only use it on UG

Could it be activating?

When I first hooked mine up I had to send it back, there was a fiemware glitch that activated it constantly. They repaired and returned it and that was all set but I still find if I bump my desk or several other things it will activate quite easily. It is very sensitive.

Can't say for sure but it could be your problem you might want to pay attention to it and see it that is it.

HTH

He is a mastercam trainee and liked to change things. It took me a full shift to get anything to work right. I wanted to reload Mastercam but the is guy was gone and the disked are locked up. I just might have to do a reload when he gets back.

The trainee said that he didn’t change anything.

cuckoo.gif

ChrisH,

Are you working with a different WCS than the default? When working with a different WCS, I have noticed that V9 will switch to the Top GView of the current WCS whenever selecting the Dynamic GView button to look at the part from another angle. Another possibility is that the "Update Cplane and Tplane when changing GView" button is activated in the System Config. a0aslu.jpg I like to work with this switch off. If it's on and you change to a different GView, the Cplane and Tplane will also change. HTH cheers.gif