Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem with 3d operation

Hi

can any one help me solving the problem below

( I draw a solid form in the autocad then I converted it to IGES file to import it to mastercam then I strted to make an operation but while analysing it gives me a massage says ( want to change the color of last processsd surface ? )when I choose ok mastercam gives me the color table to choose from then the analysing stopes and if I choose no the analysing just stopes what can I do

the links of the operation file and the video file is below:

http://www.x111x.com/File/1123252089.zip

http://www.haascnc.com/news/new_files/VMC/...Mini%20Mill.wmv

thanks

Salem, I don't know why you are having problems with this file. I read it in O.K., analyzed the surfaces no probleb, and just hit regenerate toolpaths. seemed to work fine. I put Salem_1.zip up on Cadcams ftp site with the toolpaths. Hope this helps

Steve

thanks steve

quote:

and just hit regenerate toolpaths

do you mean regen path if yes that means that I have unknown problem because this screen facing me and if I choose yes the color table appears- after choosing the color - no thing happens and still MC could not genrate the tool path

if I choose no I face the same problem with out the color table

wait for the image ...

1123268657.jpg

thank you

Hey Salem,

I too downloaded your file, analyzed it, regen toolpath and all is well. Until I tried it again, the regen works fine until I hit the esc button on the keyboard. Then I get the same error you did. So I tried it again not hitting the Esc on the keyboard and all worked well again.

Do you have something hitting your Esc button on the keyboard when trying to regen? headscratch.gif

quote:

if I choose yes the color table appears- after choosing the color - no thing happens and still MC could not genrate the tool path

Pick a color not used in your drawing, then do an "Alt E" "all" "color" and pick the same color you just picked. The problem surface should be the only thing on your screen. Some times they are really small surfaces that are hard to see. Check all views Top, front, side, ect.... if you still can't see the surface try the screen statistic and it should tell you if there is a surface there. Sometimes thay will appear if you unshade also.

After you find the problem surface you may have to make it over,or delete and not use it if is really small, then try to regenerate the tool path.

Hope this make sense

hey mold100 it looks the happened to you , I just changed the tolerance from 0.25 to 1.0 and it work directly so thank you

thank you midwest but I still didn't use your idea yet

when I use it I show you the result

sorry people but I still have a Q. !!!

how did the operation works with others ?!!

thank you all !!!!!!!!!...........