Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New to the forum

Kevin in MI

I just found this forum and thought I'd say hi. I've been programming with Mastercam for 7 years now. Started with version 4 and just recently had version 8 installed. I work with a Fadal vertical machining center. Really enjoy it. I've been a tool and diemaker for 22 years. I've got a question but I'll post it in another thread. Hi everyone.

Hi to all. This is Ron from Maine. I have been reading this forum since Aug. of 2000. I have picked up many helpful hints from all of you people. I have been programming with Mastercam for about 6 years. We now have the latest Version for Mill and Lathe. I program 3 Matsuuras, a Mori lathe, a Compumill 4000 and Monarch Dynapath mills, and two Deckel Mahos 5 axis mills.There are three of us here. I have the lathe to myself, because no one wants to program it. My largest problem has been building a decent post. Is there any way to post the tool tip position with a post function? I have figured out the orientation and other tool info so far. A problem that I solved tonight was that when I posted my profiles with multiple radii, I would get two or three outputs for an arc with the same radius. I found that if you go into the operation parameter page and open the plunge preferances and set it to tool clearance instead of plunge at angle it solves this problem. Now I have only one arc move. This is a long winded Hello to all.

Ron tongue.gif

Hi Kevin in MI,

This forum couldn't be better. I read these threads everyday. I learn new stuff everyday. For me this has been an extremely valuable learning and information tool. I get stuck, I post a question, and sometimes have an answer in 1 hour!!!!!! What a deal. Today I read a thread and found another Mori lathe user. Now we can share info and help.

Have fun,

Andy