Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contour Question

cadmonster66

As far as I know the code has to read a start position, with center of arc position given as I & J, and a finish position, also with corresponding I & J. With a 360 degree move the start and finish position are the same so the machine doesn't move cause it's already there. Some machines have different codes available like a fadal control has a code for boring. I don't use it cause the post in Mastercam doesn't write it so I don't know what it is right off hand. If I recall correctly it was one line of code with a parameter for dia only. I'll check it out and get back to you.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Kevin in MI ]

I don't believe it is possible for Mastercam to automatically output a 360 deg arc in version 8, but I've heard rumor it's coming in version 9. One of our machines requires the program to be edited manually (GE2000 control) to one 360 deg arc rather than 2 180 deg arcs. The one 360 deg arc will work on all of our controls. We have Fadal,Haas, and Fanuc controls. I'll remove the X-Y coordinates so that the machine will return to the same position, and the I and/or J will control the arc diameter.