Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X, tool numbering

DaveR

When I pick a tool it's number is called as the library number 247 for example. 9.1 would assign the first tool I picked a 1, and number them in sequence. I found in the control def. the switch to sequence the tool numbers but then they go 235-236 etc.

The other issue is the length and diameter offset are defaulting to 0. I'd like them to be the same as the tool number.

Anyone know where the switch is to fix this?

In your toolpath manager, machine group properties, the tool settings tab has all the stuff your looking for in regards to the current file.

Also, the drop downs machine type > control def manager the "tool" topic has the defaults for the future ease.

at least I think that's how it works. idea.gif

hth

Well the tool settings tab has the option to add to tool diameter, and length, and to take the dia, and length from the tool. I have "from tool" checked.

Problem is mine always defaults to zero for these two values even if the tool definition says that the length is 3 and the diameter is 0.5.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issues. If you click "edit tool" on any tool, the length and dia are set to "0". If you change it to the tool number it doesn't remember it next time, and if you click save tool, it duplicates the tool in the tool library instead of overwriting it. When you go to select that tool again there's not enough desc. to determine which is which!@ banghead.gif

Ah, my mistake. They need to default to the tool number, like tool 1, height 1, dia 1, then tool 2 height 2 dia 2 etc.

You know how to make that happen?

I've looked through machine def, control def, and just about every other menu I could find.

If I just need to put those in by hand I guess that will have to do.