Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ok, Im back to Mastercam 9 until........

BBOwen

they get all the bugs worked out. I am pulling my hair out. My boss is getting pissed because the change over time and the buggyness has delayed putting out work. Let me know when the 1st patch comes out and maybe I'll give it another shot then. Remember what wasn't broke , don't fix it!

quote:

Remember what wasn't broke , don't fix it!

Um... I thought it was a complete re-write, so EVERYTHING is new.

You might consider playing with it for 'simpler' parts so you can get used to it. It's really not that much the same as older versions, so you're pretty much learning a new program.

In Windows:

Start - Programs - Mastercam X - Documentation.

Possibly if someone spent a little time with the documentation, things might go smoother.

Funny part is... these are the same people who couldn't wait to get X. I Think they all expected it to look and work like V9.

I have found thingst that could be improved, but I certianly wouldn't call X "Buggy". I have not had 1 crash. NOT 1 CRASH.

But just because I cant find something, it's not a bug.

BTW: If your interested...

http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/html/mastercam_x.html

Mike Mattera

learning curve???

what did you expect??? to be a pro the day you open the box?? come back to reality..

i admit it takes me twice as long to do anything but it did when we went from 7 to 9 too. i whined to get it I certainly wont whine to learn it. besides i know of a great place to get help. as for bugs i haven't found any yet(maybe the debug time was worth it). we'll see.

i have discovered two bugs which have been logged by CNC software...and that's using X for no more than 5 total hours...so don't tell me it's not buggy...

personally i think X is great and look forward to using it everyday, like V9...but there are definitely some issues that need to be worked out..

I was making good progress on MCX, not liking it yet but getting used to it. Boss has yanked the plug. From now on only "proven versions and upgrades" are to be used. Haven't even had the chance to post and run anything. Oh well. Y'all have fun, maybe I'll be back someday.

Ok, So there are some issues for some....CNC may need to do a patch or two...it is a re-write and it is quite different...somewhat. I'm going the way of starting out simple and working my way up. I've already prog and ran parts successfully with it but when I need to get it done quick it's back to V9. My major issue is with keyboard shortcuts. I've gotten so use to the "old" way that it's a little frustrating to be slowed down by hunting for the simple things (changing views, c-planes, etc.,)but I know the more I use it the better I'll get. If someones boss pulls the plug for only "proven versions and upgrades" , the boss may as well throw windows out the door.