Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X backplot

kinglouie V

I've just begun messing around with X and one of the first things I notice I don't like is the backplot function. It seems to jump and flicker and doesn't give a smooth output. I tried slowing the speed slider but it doesn't help. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I liked the old backplot function. wink.gif

I also liked it when the old backplot gave the time estimate in hours & minutes. It wasn't 100% accurate, but pretty close. Now the backplot tells me 4040.119. What the heck is up with that? I thought software improvements were supposed to make things EASIER. headscratch.gif

Now I have to calculate 4040.119 into hours / minutes? I thought calculating was the software's job? eek.gif Seems we took a step backward in this area. Is there a way to display the estimated time in hours / minutes format?

Jim, you might want to check your tool feeds/speeds again and make sure you have them set correctly. Ive found the time MCX gives for each toolpath to run is pretty much dead-on with tht etime it takes on the machine...more so than v9 was in fact...

Thanks for the info Ezra.

I'm still just messing around w/ the sample geometry and toolpaths. I haven't run any live programs in X yet...I'm just getting a feel for what to expect. I'm glad to hear the time estimate is accurate in X because that's a question I get often from management, i.e., 'how long will it take to machine this part?'

I still don't like the new format though. I'd rather see straight hrs./ mins. than just a value like 4040.119. wink.gif

Just wanted to say thanks to G-code for the excellent information. I even had to learn how to roll back a driver which was an added bonus that irritated my IT guy to no end. wink.gif

Now my big question is why? Any of you CNC guys got an answer. Next question G-code. How did you know that was the driver that would solve the problem?

Jim thanks for asking the right question.

I must be the oddball---

I have a Quadro FX1300- I did as suggested above but still have the flickering. It is less flickering then before but it has not cleared up. I could not roll back my driver. I jumped a few versions the last time I updated and now it really messes with stuff when I go back.

G-code could you please point me to a download of the driver you are using.

Thanks!

If you can't roll back, just uninstall the drivers

from the Add Remove Programs page and install new ones

I got the drivers here

NVIDIA Certified Drivers Page

There was no science to choosing one. just a guess. I got the idea to try this after asking a couple of the developement people what version they were running.

No one at CNC was having this problem, but no one was running the latest greatest drivers

I just kept moving back in time till the problem went away.

It would be nice to see CNC Software listed on that page