Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MATSS?

I.C.O.N.

Our company is taking a serious look at partmaker. We have been holding back with whispers of MATSS here and there. I have heard some say it is a working module already and that X has taken precedence over releasing it.

So now that X is out, and all taken care of... old news... done deal... ...

Can I humbly ask about MATSS?

We would love to program our multi-tasking and Swiss machines with the same system as we use for conventional machines. We currently use Master cam to create all the code. Make two programs and paste them together inserting timing codes and the whole bit.

After a very impressive Demo by the partmaker boys we are forced to consider it. They now handle all sync codes and have started surfacing as well. With full machine verification. It definitely is limited when comparing toolpaths to Mastercam.

So I asks. Anybody have news on MATSS?

quote:

We currently use Mastercam to create all the code. Make two programs and paste them together inserting timing codes and the whole bit.

This is exactly what I'm doing on my one twin-twin lathe and have been for about 4 years now. For me it isn't a really big deal because we don't run a ton of new jobs in there, only very specific parts, so I only need to write a program a month or so, max. I was told, a couple of years ago, that the MATSS project was back-burnered because of the development of X; haven't heard anything since.

C

BUMP-

Any news from the guys upstairs at all?

We currently have 5 swiss machines a Mori MT and a Nak. WT, hopefully with at least one more on the way soon. Our company has pretty much decided that we are going to focus on multi-tasking machines after getting some guys that really make them sing. So as programmers we need Mastercam POWER with a little less editing, or assembly of the programs. We put some very complex parts through these machines.

Throw a bone pleeeeease.

Funny,

How can topic called X sucks get 100+ replies.

And a Topic actually asking for information that is very important to a company get 2.

Contacted Reseller... ..."I will ask about it." They say.

A week goes by with no word from them at all.

What's the big secret? Am I asking for too much?

Thanks guys,

sorry for buggin everyone here. I realize it is a users forum and shouldn't expect that kind of info from here.

Can't hurt to try though.

My company is on the verge of ordering Partmaker and I am just trying to make sure it is the right move. I would be kicking myself reallly hard for adding another system when Mastercam comes out with it in the next year.

But I just can't tell the president to Hang in there anymore. so I will contact CNC in a last ditch effort before we order.