Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Space ball with MC-X updated drivers

cadcam

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased my spacepilot and now it has arrived. I don't want to sound like bonehead here, but I don't have any preconfigured options popping up for MCX. When I load Pro/E Wildfire 1.0 or 2.0 it has a preconfigured set of buttons for each. I contacted 3d connexions about this and they were not much help. Don't get me wrong I really like this thing. Motion control is as smooth as a (input your own simily here) wink.gif , I was just hoping I would also get some preconfigured hotkeys for Mastercam as well.

Can anyone of you other guys using it shed some light on this for me. If I have to configure my own hotkeys no problem. I just don't want to if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

quote:

We are thinking about trying the SpacePilot.

Is it really hard to get used to?

Is it that much of a time saver?

Exactly how does it change the way you work?

No not hard at all.

Its nice with the new X because of the creating 3d entities is much easier and you can roll around the geometry more fluid while keeping your mouse hand free to click points.

For me it's got me to stop using the F keys. No more zooming in and out.

As far as the MCam config... I closed MCam before running the new drivers. Once I opened X I clicked on the spabeball icon in a tray and X was set in the config.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a 4000 flx on e-bay brand new in box for about $150 and after 2 days I don't know what I did without it. Bought it myself cause the boss was sceptical. What does the 5000 flx do that the 4000 doesn't? Downloaded latest drivers, X config popped right up when I opened it. The control panel for the spaceball says spaceball 5000. Could this be why I can't map some functions, like levels mgr, and fit to the keys? When I click the pull down arrows there's a long list of functions but some just don't work. I set 1-3 and 7 to match views 1-3 and 7, A=return, B=esc, and C=ops mgr toggle cheers.gif love that one. I tried to set 5 to levels mgr but it just beeps at me.

I had to create a new function on the spaceball, named it levels mgr. and the pressed my keyboard shortcut and saved it. Had to do it with fit all, undo, and re-do as well. Hey it works. Sooooo nice to have the buttons on the spaceball set up the same for MC and Cadkey. Now if only it could make Cadkey not suck biggrin.gif I musta messed up cause my my control panel says spaceball 5000, but it still works.

I love this thing Spaceball 5000, I have many useful functions at the touch of a button.

This is my setup

1) ESC

2) Delete

3) Fit

4) Level Manager

5) Operation Manager

6) ISO View

7) Top View

8) Front View

9) Right View

A) Redraw

B) Analyze Properties

C) Pick Rotational Center

I may ultimately end up with some slighly different settings but these ar where I'm at right now.

Here's mine for general drawing-tweaking, same for Cadkey except ops mgr toggle.

x-config.jpg

Gonna set up another X configuration with toolpaths mapped to the keys. I just print out the screen shot and tape it up next to the monitor in case I need a memory jog.