Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam And 64 Bit

Shawn Pecore

We did a time study this week.

XPpro64bit, Pentium Xeon 3.6Ghz, 3G SDRam, QuadroFX4400 512MB video card computer that we use strictly for design using Pro/E. Loaded MCX

and processed a typical part using 2d contours, surface finish contours, shallows, and scallops.

The 64bit did fine and took apx. 6 minutes to process cutterpath.

The computer I normally run MCX on is a 4 year old XPpro, Xeon 2.6Ghz, 1G Ram, QuadroFX400 256 MB ram. The same part took almost 14 minutes to process.

I also did some pretty standard MCX operations on the XP64 to see if I ran into any problems and everything worked fine. I did some imports of iges files, drew some lines and arcs, x-formed some surfs, etc. etc. nothing "mysterious" happened.

This test was done to justify buying another work-station for Mastercam.

SO Mitchell you are saying that MC-x intalled and ran on the XPpro 64bit platform software?

If so let the rest of the world know as none of my customers can get it to run and CNC could not help me to make it run ,but you have.

Please inform us this would be vary help news.

I've got about an identical machine to that, but I had trouble with the hasp when I tried to get it up and going. Come to find out I had a hasp3. So I'm patiently waiting on UPS to deliver me a new Hasp4. I had checked the hasp at my home shop 6 months ago and it was a white hasp4. So I wrongly assumed my work hasp was hasp4 because it too was white and never checked it.

My x64 system runs SolidWorks just great. I also run foundry casting pouring simulation software called SolidCast. No troubles at all. When I get my hasp I'll post how Mastercam runs. Currently we are doing all programming on another machine in MC 9.

lynnz

• 2 weeks later...

Mitchell,

I was going to try and load it, but somewhere on this board last week Dave or Bullines made a comment about how it was best to load V9 before loading X. And I think this was on a 32bit system. So I decided not to dump X, then put V9 on and then reload X.

Trying to with X and not look back.

lynnz

Well, I hope V9 works on x64 because we have hundreds of programs in V9 we need to get to for engineering changes and development issues for years to come. That is another issue I have a problem with in X, if you bring in a MC9 file your toolpaths are lost!

I guess we will find out if V9 works in x64 in a few weeks.

Wish me luck! It's hard to find a NEW, powerful work-station that is'nt 64 bit.

this maybe crazy but you think that mcx is supose to be the mc of the future, but they cant test it on the os of the future a 64 bit world. thats the os of the future so i think i would test on some of the other os's. future compatability would be one area of concern to me but im not the one making the calls. But i am taking the 3D Surfacing class at Cad/Cam Solutions and we have already found some neat ways too creat geometry, it is running pretty smoothly if you take some time to think your way through the newness of the x layout. and working with the new cplanes manager is much easier. cool.gif