Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Cutoff

machineshop

Hello

We do not have a bug that I know of logged for this or fixed for Sp1, although it could be I did not see it. I tried this in our current version and it is working well.

Please log a bug with [email protected] if you are able to duplicate the defect so we can adress it.

Thanks

Matt

Hello

Ok, it was reported to TS but the reseller and our TS person both verify that it works correctly in SP1 (I know you don't have that yet, but soon) that is why it is not in our defect log.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Matt

• 6 months later...

Are you getting this on the approach, or the retract? I have had numerous issues in V9.1 SP2 with the 'tool collision with stock' alarm AFTER the part is cutoff, accompanied by some wild X moves on the retract. I gave up trying to fix this and just ignore the alarm and edit out the crazy X value after the code is posted.

If you are getting this alarm on the approach you should double check all of your clearance values and the incremental/absolute settings because you are violating your tool clearance boundary somewhere.

If you still have the problem you can email me your file [zipped so my email server doesn't sh!tcan it] and I'll try to take a look if I get a couple of minutes.

C

quote:

it always cuts into the part first then does the radius or chamfer....

Its suppossed to do that..

It plunge cuts a relief slot, rapids out,

cuts the radius or fillet and cuts off the part

Use the "Clearance cut" box to control the details

I almost always remove material by using a Groove operation if there's a sizeable chamfer and I don't want the Cutoff tool to encounter too much material for it to handle. Make sure you're using a safe Retract position. The default in Mcam is to use an Incremental position for Retract. This is usually calculated from the stock material. If you switch it from Incremental to Absolute without adjusting the value, then typically it won't retract enough to clear the stock, even though the part should've been cut off already. HTH cheers.gif