Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bridgeport DX-32 doesn't read clearance, HELP

rsbeadle

I can't get my Bridgeport post to write in the necessary code to pull up, clear a boss, and rapid back to the feed plane. The code sends the head to the clearance height and starts feeding at the feed rate which wastes a lot of time. I am using MC 8.1 . When we were using MC6.3 and adding "jumps" the code was correct. Thanks in advance wink.gif

Looks like this is a toolpath editing issue rather than a post issue. You can make changes in the 'Change at Point' command in the Chain menu. You can also use the Graphical Toolpath editor. The post seems to respond to these changes. Do other posts handle this correctly while your Mpdx32 post does not?

I would guess that your problem is that you can't rapid up, over, and down using these modification tools. Correct? If so, it becomes non-post related, and perhaps others can help out.

This sounds like a cutter comp issue. Are you using Lead in, arc in, lead out, arc out?

Most controls need the above to work. Some controls can use a z move, but I dont think the bridgeport does.

The lead in's, outs, arcs in , outs , can be any size. Make sure you have all four.

take a problem path you have had, change it, and run it high to see if the problem will go away.

I've have seen this problem before with cc.

not enough exit moves was problem.

If this doesnt solve it look at the programmer's manual for cutter comp.Do what it says.

If its still a problem call bridgeport

mikee

Thanks for the input guys, but I was wondering if I could rewrite the post to keep from having to edit every toolpath that needs clearance for my bridgeports. I can use the MPMAZ post on my operation and it runs fine on Mazak mills because Mazaks use the R code in the drill cycle for retract, but the Bridgeports use the Z Z Z for inital height, peck distance and peck clearance (I think?) and does not read the top of stock in the V8 toolpath. I use lead in, lead out on contour paths, but I can speed up the plunge rate in most cases to get the tool to the metal quicker. Cutter comp is not an issue with drills, and I am sorry if I didn't mention it was for drill cycles. Thanks again guys, and any other help is appreciated. smile.gif

This sounds strangely familiar to troubles with Hurco posts. A while back there was discussion about feed problems while drilling with hurcos. Allan's answer fixed my problem. You may want to try it. Check this link. http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic&f=1&t=000933

Hurcos also have a problem with filtering arcs. The fix for the loops can be found here. http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic&f=1&t=000811 What worked for me was changing the swg18 note in the post from 1 to 0. It was mentioned that the Boss controls had the same problem as the Hurco control.

Hope this helps.

Lynn

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: lynnz ]

Thanks guys. I'll turn off the canned cycles and see what happens. Sorry about asking a question that had already been answered. I read back a few pages to check for it when I found the forum, but I must have missed it. A few lines of extra code are not a problem as most of my part programs total between 500k-1meg. Thanks again. I have greatly reduced the "loop" problem by changing the post line that had arctol(?)set to .002 to .005. I think the Bridgeport has trouble with very short arcs.