Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chess Pieces

boykins79

Just wanted to know if anyone would happen to have any files for the manufacturing of chess pieces. I will soon be deploying out to sea and would like to make myself a board. Apparently I don't have the imagination nor the experience to get started and would like a pattern to go off of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Sean,

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Look in the Just4Fun folder on cadcam's ftp site. (Link at top of this page)

In there you will find a file called 3D_CHESS_SET.MC9

The knights are messed up a little so you might want to fix them before machining, but the rest of the pieces should be OK. wink.gif

Good luck with your deployment to sea. cheers.gif

P.S.

The forum has an "Off Topic" section for non-Mastercam stuff like this, so you will probably get a quicker response if you post it there next time. wink.gif

Sean,

Is the reason you can't access the ftp site something other than maybe just your browser settings? If you are allowed to access ftp sites you can fix this easily. In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.

Look for the box labeled 'Use Passive FTP' and uncheck it if it is checked. This should allow you into the ftp site and allow you to download whatever you need. wink.gif

Otherwise, Brendan said he will hook you up. cool.gif

My employer frowns upon outgoing email with attachments larger than 1Meg or I'd send it to you myself. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the chess set. I thought it would be cool to make it all out of aluminum then black anodize one set of pieces and leave the other set the natural aluminum color, and also black anodize every other square on the board. biggrin.gif

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I got caught up in my work!

Just wanted to Thank-you for all your help, I hope I can continue to participate in your forum. Unfortunately I was unable to access the file. So it would be greatly appreciated if you could e-mail it to me. [email protected] I will try to access it at home, maybe I will have better luck.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Sean

It's on it's way right now.

I am uploading the email as I type. It is a sizable file, a little over 5 megs, so I don't know how your mail account will handle it.

Good Luck on your deployment BTW.

cheers.gif

I've got a nephew on the Iwo Jima, can your share which ship you're on?

Sean, I'm glad I could help. I've had that chess set file for quite a while but never got around to making it. Good luck with it. cheers.gif

John, I also have a nephew in the Navy currently stationed at Norfolk. He's an Electronics Tech and he's been trying to get into BUDS. The docs say there's a minor problem in his stomach that could cause problems at depth, so he would need surgery to fix it before he could start SEAL training. He really wants into the SEAL program but this minor medical glitch may hold him back. I'm glad to see we have such courageous young men who are willing to serve our country. biggrin.gifcheers.gif