Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill2.set help please

Bruce Caulley

Hello all,

I need to try to modify this simplified setup sheet as a substitute for ncdatasheet until it is released for X. The problem I see is that we don't use toolchanges in the programme and instead post out each as a separate programme. As a result each "toolchange" in the setup sheet needs to output the programme number and whatever tool data we include.

I have looked through the mill2.set and don't see how the programme number will reset for each tool or how using the same tool more than once with different programme numbers will be handled. The output I had in mind goes something like this:

code:

Prog#_:_Toolpath_group_name_______________:_OAL_:_Flute_:_Shoulder_:_:Manufacturers tool code : chuck

1010 63mm face mill 50 15 35 adkt???? arbour

1020 6mm spot drill 20 3 10 A0035 Er16x70

1030 5mm drill 30 28 28 A002-5 er16x70

1040 M6 tap 25 10 15 ngt67 er16x70

1050 63mm face mill - skim 50 15 35 adkt???? arbour

I am not a post guru so I would like to know if this is even possible before I start.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bruce

the set up sheet doesn't work well with X Bruce IMHO.

I have posted the issue before although not necessarily the same problem you have.

If I run tool 1 thru three and repeat later in the same program the setup sheet crashes MCX.

It seems any tool numbering not in order it does not like.

Frustrating to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce,

Did you get this to work like you wanted? I was sortof waiting to see if Günther was going to update the ncdatasheet it to X. but i would like to use X so I think that i will try to use a different setup sheet. the guys that will be running the programs are not goingto like a new different setup sheet. Have you heard if Günther is defenently updating his?

Jody