Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heid iso update problem

DG

OK, So I feel like a total failure. I have been working on this a couple of weeks to no avail. My V9 edited Heidanhein ISO post works fine. Just outs R arcs. My updated X post out puts R and I,J, arcs. My machine Mikron vcp and TNC control don't support I,J,K . There are no conversion errors that I can see and I don't see anything in the CD files that looks wrong. The updated X post just sticks an occasional I,J arc move in file which stops me dead. What should I be looking for in the post? All the obvious stuff is dde selected.

Obvious to me that is! I am trying to get better at editing posts but it is like learning a foreign language to me. I look at the post editer and don't know where to start! Maybe I'm getting too old....I want just take a second to thank everyone for all that they share here. I have learned a wealth of info here by reading and listening to you all. I find it fasinating and can't seem to get enough. I deal mostly with small detailed models and molds, down to .005 dia. ball end mills. So I mostly sit on the sidelines and listen to everyone. I would like to go back to school or find some classes where I can learn 5-axis so I can expand my horizens. Just have to get up off my butt and do it I suppose. Thanks again everyone.

This is killin me. I got this slick new tool (x) that I'm getting pretty comfortable with but I can't use it yet to post. So I have to go back and run everything out of V9...bummed. What I don't get is my V9 works fine but when I updated it doesn't work right and when I do a file compare there are no differences that i can pick out.

Just for sh*ts and grins. Have you tried updating you post again?

There are a couple of examples on the forum of people who have had post problems similar to yours, things they couldn't quite figure out why. They rerun their post thru the update utility and the problem seemed to go away.

Might be worth a shot.

headscratch.gif

[ 10-30-2005, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

Thanks Paul, I will try to get that out later today or more probably tomorrow as it had been nothing but fires here at work. I don't have MCX loaded here at this PC so I can't send you a file from here. I only have MC9 here till I can start posting from X.

The Generic post (and anything that was originally based off of MPFAN) automatically forces IJK output when a helix arc is encountered. The parc section will have to be modified if your machine can do helix arcs with R output. The center type for the IJK output is determined by the setting of arctype$ in the post when the CD is set to output R's.

OK thanks Corby, That worked by just dropping out parcs If/else arc output of IJK's, even though I had taken the force *'s out. Paul, I sent over the zip2go. Still puzzeled what was changed in the update file. I also had helix turned off in the CD arc output. All I had was R's, I's and J's. No K's ?? Boy, judging by these posts, you guys must be putting in some hours. Thanks to everyone for their help.