Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post file verification

bhyde

I need some help tracking down a problem that I have just experienced. I was minding my own business running my maching doing some surfacing on my fadal 2216, (sitting at my desk while machine was running, reading some of the topics on this fine forum, I might add) when I had a catastrophic crunch to my part on the machine. I have verified the program via Mcam, and I also checked the z- range in the program on cimco edit.

I can find nothing that points to mcam or post problem. HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Hi

If everything is right ,and the machine still crashes.. I ask one of the the other craftsmen in our buliding to help me. Then I trouble shoot one item at a time ,and say allowed each move I make.

Usually Together we can catch it.

:::Stay calm and think possitive::::

If anything can go right, it will at the best possible moment.

You need to first determine where it crashed (approximately what line of code)

Did you filter arcs into the NC program? If so, were they on 3 planes XY, YZ or XZ?

See if you can find out first of all if it is a machine problem and if it was cutting an arc. Some machines are known to do strange things when there are arcs that are fit in and the arc tolerance handling is pretty low, meaning - cannot handlt really small arcs.

If you determine that it is not a machine problem, then you have to verify the NC program.

To verify the NC program, Mastercam wont do that for you. Cimco might do a decent job, but the best and most reliable is Metacut View.

Download the program from the www.metacut.com website. It should run for a 30 day trial period for free.

It should recognize the NC program as a FAdal program. Define the tools used and the stock definition and run a Solid verification on it.

IF there are any gouges, IT will tell you and will mark the exact line of code where the gouge occured. You can easily look at the previous line of Z and the current Z and the next Z and determine if that caused a gouge or not.

If this program tells you that the NC program is clean, it is definitely in the Fadal.

Good luck!

I had that happen to me only the mill did not crash it alarmed out. It was also a Fadal. Ran the program through mcam, veri-cut,Preditor,and Nsee. Not a problem with the code,triged out ok.

no matter what I did the Fadal did not like it.

I was using the filter also. took the filter off and it ran fine. Also had it happen on a Hurco.

That was 2 yrs ago and had not had a problem since. Even back plotted it on the Fadal and it did not show up until it came to that line of code. Go figure??? My hunch that the control can not handle small arc's in the G18 or G19 plane.

I do not let it filter a arc under .01

I saw this happen a few years ago at a customers shop. He was also running a fadal, finish pass at about 80.0"/min. he was running dnc, and the buffer in the control choked, dropped a few hundred lines of code, picked up again, but the next line was on the other side of the part, so it went directly there through the material. Fadal ended up having to upgrade the controller to handle the "high feed machining" of 80.0"/min.

I did have the filter on... I have checked max stock size in CimcoEdit and verified it in Mastercam. No problems there, I think that it must be an arc problem... Whatever it is, whether the controller must be upgraded, it will get done. It is just a matter of finding the problem.

mad.gif

bhyde,

the first thing still to do is check the code.

Eather down load the Metacut or have on of us that use a Gcode varifaction to check the code.

then on to the machine from here.

Fadal will ask you to check the code well.

well i am of to open house at Haas for the day see ya later.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I was running a Fadal some years ago and the same thing happened. I ran a part, did the first article, everything was AOK. Went to run the lot, smash. Same program, (I was the only one in the shop at the time, I know it was not sabotage), chalked it up to "It's a Fadal Thing". The rest of the parts ran fine after that.