Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Project

FITIN IRISH

Help!! Guys I am still having major problems trying to surface this part. I have tried flowline but it's all over the place. I am not too familar with surface project. The company is using 9.1 which makes it even more difficult as I am using X and I cannot export the toolpaths back. So now I have to load 9.1 again. I have uploaded the file to ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/MC9_files/6548-1.mc9. Any help would be appreciated. I could be fired if I don't get this done by Monday.--What a week !

gerard,

i put a file on jays ftp in the mc9 folder called trev6548-1.mc9.i used several flowline paths as that is what it sounded like you were tring. the edges do not all line up so you can not flowline them all at once.i changed the color of 2 surfaces to yellow ,i did not machine them they were only .003 wide not sure what your tolerances are but after cutting the adjoining surfs the scallop should be minimal.this was just something i threw together real quik. but have a look and see if it helps.

trevor

Thanks guys.The surcafe is on top of a component,no problem from a fixturing perspective.I have recreated the surfaces and flowlines and they look great except for the outer side surface which was created as a lead on. I only need to machine the top surface. We are using a 1/2 inch ball. I will put the new part up. 6548-2. really appreciate the help

I uploaded one called 6548-6gv I would offset the pocket contours I made by say .1 to make it roll your edges better. Outside contour out and inside contour in I redid it that way and it looks better. If ya want I can zip that one and mail it to you. The last one was quite large on the ftp so I don't want to just keep loading them. Let me know. Gary