Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hole Contouring

connormac,

I believe billystein was referring to Circle Mill parameters. There is a "Start at center" switch but not a Lead In/Out button like a contour. The toolpath will produce a line move as the first move after the plunge to depth as long as the arc radius and sweep value are small enough to allow the motion. If the tool is close to the finish diameter of the hole being interpolated, set the Entry/Exit arc sweep value to "0.0" and turn "Start at center" on. This will force a linear move. Wear comp is ideal in this situation as you don't need more than the radius of the tool for the first comp move.

Hi all

Our Haas-fadal's hold about .0005 (per side)

Our OKK's are a bit better, but we still have to fuss with them for any real true positioning.

This is my method (when it's practicle)

I put a point in the center and use it as the first chain, and the full circle for the second chain. I use both entry and exit lines and arcs with entry and exit points checked.

Sometimes I still have to useboreing heads,custom carbide form tools, and reamers. There just doesn't seam to anything that works for everything.